On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Thursday, April 16, 2009

So.....tonight was weigh-in. Okay, dang it! I get to put my 25 pounds lost icon back up! Woohoo! Not only did I lose the 4.2 I gained last week, but I lost an additional .1 for a total of 4.3 pounds lost this week. That puts me at 25.2 pounds lost since starting this process.

Last night I went to the indoor track by myself. I did my two lap warm up of walking, then ran 2 and realized I would not be able to run two at a time the whole time as my leg was bothering me (I'm still working with getting the inside of these shoes right....finally have one level of support for one foot and a different for the other.) So, instead I ran one, walked one, ran one, walked one. It still meant I ran half of the distance. When I was doing my last lap to make two miles, I decided to go another lap for the heck of it. Well, then I decided to see if I could run another. Then I had to do a lap to cool down, but then I felt like I wanted to run another. I actually didn't want to stop. (Was that ME that just said that??) I was thinking maybe I would add another mile, but then the announcement came that the gym was closing in 8 minutes, and I still had to go downstairs to turn in the clicker. Bummer. So I did add half a mile for a total of 2.5 miles......half walking, half running. One of these days I will be able to put all that running together and do a mile non-stop.

There was a last minute decision made today for me to meet up with Steve and some of his family for a late lunch. He is back up in Phoenix visiting, but I won't be able to get up there before his niece leaves tomorrow morning, so we decided to meet half way for lunch. I suggested Cracker Barrel as I knew what exit it was and pretty much half way. On the drive up I kept thinking of all the good food they have. So I had decided that since tonight was weigh-in, I would eat the veggies and put the rest in a to-go box and have it AFTER weigh-in. Well, it turns out they have a full page of low carb meals with the carb count. Amazing! So, I got a meal that only had a total of 4 carbs. Needless to say, there was nothing to bring home, and it felt good to leave there without that "I'm stuffed" feeling. And tonight's weigh-in made saying no to those delicious looking pieces of cornbread all worth it!

Friday is normally my night off from exercising, but since Steve will still be out of town, maybe I'll get an extra night at the track in tomorrow. Haven't heard yet about our hike Saturday, but Sunday is my 5k walk for breast cancer. So all in all, this has been / will be a good week for putting the body in motion.

David.....Thank you for your words of encouragement! We just have to keep stepping forward, and the rest takes care of itself, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment