On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Saturday, July 4, 2009

False Advertising? I need your opinion.




Hello everyone. I am back from my travels and will talk a bit about that ahead, but I have something I need your opinions on first, as I'm not sure what I should think. As those of you know that have read my blog in the past, I have been involved with a fitness club that has had a "Biggest Loser" program going since January. There have been two sessions so far. The first session ended in April and I won for my class. The second session ended in June. Well, I came home and went to their web site to see what was happening and what I may want to sign up for this time around and found my "before" and "after" pictures being used to help promote their programs. Okay, I'm sure that in something I signed I gave them the rights to use my pics, so that in itself is no big deal. However, when I saw the pictures, I was astounded at the false advertising. To be sure it wasn't just my opinion, I asked a few of my friends, some of which also have attended these sessions, and they agreed with me. So just now I saved the pics from the web site so that I could put them here with my story, and guess what? They saved to my computer in original form, not the form they use on their web site. So I want to paste the way it saved here and ask you to click on the link to their page and see the way they have it posted and ask you to please tell me what you think. I have been told that these pics are also on their door in a flyer format, so I will have to go by there while I am out today and see just how it looks there. In the meantime, I feel like this is false advertisement, at least on their web page. My fiance wants to call his friend at the newspaper about it, but I'm not sure I want to do that. I know if I do something like that, I obviously will be done with the fitness center, and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, either. We have all seen ads for places with before and after pictures of their sucessful clients and want to believe what we see. But this just shows how easily false things can be. I think the real before and after pictures would be fine on their own. However, the way they used them sure does show what should be a much larger loss than what they stated I lost. Please share your thoughts with me, pro or con. I really do want some objective feedback with this. Thanks to anyone/everyone that takes a moment to do this.




Here are the true before and after pics as they should be (the way they saved to my computer). Okay, the pics posted at the top of the blog, but there they are. Now please, compare that to the squished and stretched versions located at the bottom of the page on this link.




No comments:

Post a Comment