On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Friday, May 15, 2009

Another week has passed. I feel that I should probably be posting more often than I am, but I just don't feel I have anything newsworthy to share. This past week was pretty good. On Saturday night we went to a birthday party at a restaurant. I decided I would allow myself one indulgence, so I ordered the chicken parmesean sandwich, took off the bread (leaving chicken, bacon, and cheese...which is all good choices on my plan) with the fries (which was the indulgence). When it came, I gave half the fries to Steve. I felt good because I had made a choice to allow myself something, and then kept it in check by only taking half. However, (isn't there always one of those.....lol), when the birthday cake got served, I didn't resist and shared a piece with Steve. Okay, so the up part is that in both cases, I only had half of what I could have had. The down side is that I had just said how stuffed I felt from the dinner, but then ate the cake anyway. But other than that, I have been good with my food all week. On Saturday morning I actually got Steve to go to the track with me. He ususally walks everyday at home, but I think this is so much better for him than where he walks for many reasons. And since we have stopped our hikes on Saturday mornings, this is good so that I am doing something on Saturdays again. Last week we hit the track, and then went to an early showing of Star Trek. Last night he agreed to go with me again tomorrow, and perhaps we will hit the movies again afterwards to see Angel and Demons. Also, tomorrow night we have another birthday party to go to, but....get this. We are all suppose to dress "goth" and show up at the restaurant. This should prove interesting!! I was looking online last night at some goth web sites and actually learned a lot about the different types of goth dress and attitudes. It was really interesting and popped my stereo-type bubble I had. I will definitely have to share a picture here afterwards.

At my weigh-in last night, I was down 2.7 pounds to 186.3. I am SO happy to have stayed headed in the right direction! I was afraid of crossing back into the 190s. It would be so cool to be in the 170s at the end of this round of Biggest Loser. We actually have four more weeks to go, but I will miss the last week. I will probably weigh in on the last week on Monday before leaving town. So I actually have 3 1/2 weeks left.

Speaking of leaving town, did I mention that yet? We got our tickets last week and are Germany bound in June. My son and his wife are stationed there right now (Army), and we are going for a visit. I have lived there on three different occassions; when I was very young, when I was in high school, and when my son was born. It will be neat to show my son some of his history. Steve has never been, so it will be a brand new experience for him. We will be there 2 1/2 weeks. And on the trip back, we have a nearly 10 hour layover in London. It will be in the dark......10pm till 7am, but doesn't matter. I plan to rent a car and get out and see whatever I can see while there, as I have never been there and am likely to never be there again.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss and the tickets for your trip. Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 2.7 loss this week!

    ReplyDelete