On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I made a small accomplishment today. Last week one of my run/walk sessions had to be short as I had someplace I had to be. Rather than skip (which would have been an old habbit), I went and decided to try to work it harder since I had less time. I have been running one lap, walking one lap, running one lap, walking one lap, etc. That night I ran doubles twice. Then Saturday morning while there, I ran doubles four times. Tonight, I ran doubles each time. That would be nine doubles, so 1.5 miles out of 2 miles I ran, walking the other half mile, plus a couple laps to cool down. While this is not really big in the overall scheme of things, and I know most others are running miles without stopping, for me this was good. I found my body is finally ready to be pushed a little harder. So I may not hit as many miles a week, but for now, to push harder for two miles each time works for me. I want my heart to be healthier, and this feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment