On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another half mile

Okay, not so many days between blogs this time. So, let's see. Since my blog last Saturday, what have I done? Since Friday and Sundays are usually my days off from exercising, didn't do any of that. My guy wanted to make spaghetti Sunday, so yes, I had pasta. I figure if I am in this for the long haul, then I will relax a bit on weekends with the diet. If I want something, I'll have it, I'll just keep it in control portion-wise. Monday I didn't make it to the track.....let myself think something else was more important...turned out it definitely was not....lesson learned. Yesterday I was literally on my way out the door, half way through the front door actually, when my phone rang and it was someone wanting to come pick up something they had bought from me. Well, they live far enough away that I couldn't put them off till later, but they were going to be there a bit too soon for me to have time to get to the track and do my thing and get home. So, since I couldn't go, I decided to get out and do some yardwork instead. Not as intense, but at least I was doing something instead of sitting while I was waiting on them to show up. Today I finally made it back to the track. And, yeah!, I did a half mile again. I walked my two laps, ran my 6 laps (1/2 mile), and then upped the number of laps I ran between walking a lap for the rest of the two miles. I am feeling the progress and it inspires me. I can see being able to run the whole mile without stopping to walk just around the corner. I WILL get there!

Tomorrow is my biggest loser class. I will try to pay better attention at weigh-in and get a definite number so I can update my stats here.

1 comment:

  1. I love pasta, no way would I want to give it up. My mother used to say I would eat pasta 3 times a day if she would let me! I've just learned that less pasta, more veggies will do me just fine.

    ReplyDelete