On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beyond the half mile

Another new milestone! I hit the track yesterday morning, and instead of making the first session of running half a mile, I managed to make it three quarters of a mile! At that point I walked a lap and did 2 1/2 to 3 laps between walking laps to hit my two miles. The most exciting thing about this, though, is that now I know when the next breast cancer run/walk comes in April, I will be able to sign up for the one mile and do it as a run. I have walked the 5 km versions before and wished that I could run them. Well, there's still plenty of time between now and April, so who knows. But for this moment, I am dwelling on the fact that I can run the one mile version. R..U..N. I know others do that in a blink, but for me using that word in such a way is an amazing thing. I know I can commit to it and do it, a very new way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment