On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feeling better justified about my injury

It's been awhile since I wrote last. I've been a bit embarassed. I was afraid I was being a "wiennie". Since my fall, I haven't been able to get back to anything. I went to my biggest loser session last week.....and dang it, their workout included going outside for a run. I had been waiting on that since I was now able to go the distance. But, I was still having issues with my ankle, so they had me stay inside and ride the stationary bike. I then tried to keep up somewhat with the class when they came back inside to workout. Was able to do the upper body part, but not the lunges and such. Then I was hurting from it the next day. This past Saturday I went out with Steve to walk, tried running about 10 - 15 feet to see how it would feel, and it was not good. I was sore afterwards. Walking has been okay, but while just sitting, such as at my desk at work, I would get pains, and it has still been swelling every day. So okay, I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday. Guess I did some real damage. From what he saw on the xrays, no breaks. He is having a radioligist confirm that today. Assuming the xrays are clear, he has put me on "contrast bath" treatments, a splint, told me to stay off it when possible, and wants me in physical thearapy for four weeks to re-strengthen the muscles. And this is all 2 and a half weeks after it happen. So, I guess I still won't be hitting the track for a bit. Can't do the workout at biggest loser this week as he wants me off my feet as much as possible. This is SOOO frustrating! I had just achieved a goal, and now I am so afraid of where I will have to start again to get back to it. My biggest fear, although probably completely unfounded, is not being able to run again. So many people have been telling me how once they had this kind of injury it was never the same and they couldn't do the same things they had done before. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment