On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Leave it to me.....miss graceful

I called my mom this morning and told her she should have at least given me the middle name of "Grace"....cause that's about as close as I would come to having any! This weekend is a working weekend for me, so this morning instead of waiting for the track to open to run, I decided to hit the dead end road by the house like I do sometimes. So out I went on my merry way, feeling good about not using work as an excuse to not do it. Well, about half way back I somehow stepped wrong, twisted my ankle, and down I went. Fortunately, Steve had his cell phone on so I was able to call him to come get me. Man oh man! If I do something, I do it right! Even after having ice on it most of the day, my ankle still looks like there is an egg under the skin right on the ankle. The knee on my other leg took the brunt of the fall and the skin is tore up. Ripped the skin on my forearm pretty good as well. That was the obvious damage. I finally made my way in to work, and now that I am back home I have come to realize I must have twisted my back as well. I feel like I have been beat. How sad what can come from taking one step wrong. I just want everything to heal quickly so I don't have to miss too many days of exercise.

Meanwhile, I did hit the track Wednesday and did my mile plus a lap before I started walking between sets of running laps. Thursday was biggest loser workout, but I only went for the weigh-in, didn't stay for the workout. Decided I wanted to be a good friend that night instead. Anyway, I was up 0.8 pounds from the week before. So see, I need to heal quickly because I need to work a little harder this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment