On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Thursday, January 29, 2009

They Are Here!

I am so excited, I have to start with sharing that my son and his wife are in town for the next two weeks. He is in the military and they are stationed in Germany. I haven't seen them for a year and two months. They arrived last night and will be staying with her family while here, but I surprised them by being at the airport when they arrived. NO WAY could they be that close to me and me not go sneak in some hugs! (Okay, and some tears.....lol)

Okay, back to business at hand. Tuesday night I got home late from work, rushed in the door to drop of my stuff and then right back out for my walk. The sun was starting to set and I was trying to beat the dark. The walk I am doing right now is a dead end extension of the road I live on that runs next to the interstate. The area we are in, it is very common to have rattle snakes, havelina (wild pigs) and lots of other desert life. So I accomplished my walk, but figured out quickly that I don't want to do that again. During the walk back, dark was more there than not and I had the headlights of cars on the interstate shining in my eyes and making it difficult to see the ground around me. But.....at least I did get in my walk without using the dark as an excuse! I was good on my food plan, but lousy with my water.

Yesterday I did my walk after I got home. Found myself a bit restless during it this time. Had I been on a treadmill, I would have stopped early. But, since I walk a mile away and then a mile back, I had no choice to but keep going to get home. (Another good reason this is better than a treadmill.) I felt my energy sag and was just very bored......that was the first time. As to the energy, I had already had half my water and grabbed a quick bite of protein shortly before starting. I'm thinking perhaps it had to do with the fact the kids were arriving and I was anxious and just wanted get home so I could get to the store. (I met them with flowers for her and a Steelers balloon for him.....he's been a Steelers fan since he knew what football was.....cause that was what his cool uncle liked.) Anyway, I did get the walk done. I was doing well on my water and know I would have had it all in except that I forgot my bottle of water when we left for the airport. I was so thirsty by time I got home, so I got another bottle in then. I think I only fell about 8 ounces short yesterday.

Tonight is our biggest loser class and weigh in. I am hoping I don't have to pay anything. I need to get a nice scale that I can track better on. We have an old one that isn't very accurate. I don't worry so much about what it says, just as long as it is headed in the right direction. I think it showed a loss last time I got on it. I try not to do that much. Just now and then if I happen to think of it when I walk near it. (It's in his bathroom, so I don't mess with it too much.)

We have another hiked planned for this Saturday. I really do like these hikes. And I am going to work on getting some podcasts on my ipod for my walks.

Okay, now I have to say something now upfront. If during the next two weeks getting time to spend with the kids conflicts with any of my planned exercise activities, time with the kids will win. I don't plan on it intentionally, but I know their time has been practically scheduled for them, so when they get free time, I will grab any moments I can. Just wanted to admit to that now.

Well, here's to a good weigh in tonight!

1 comment: