On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Surprise

Here it is Saturday night. We had our hike today. It wasn't as long as last week's. We had someone in our group that could not put in as much time, so we started earlier and cut it a little short. I believe it was almost 4.5 miles. Afterwards, a fellow BL went with me to check on the gym. The orientation class was already full, so we didn't get to become certified to use the weight room. We did check out the rest of the place. The track is really nice except that it's short, so it takes 12 times around to make a mile. We joked about who we would have to bring to sit and count our laps for us. Anyway, looks like she and I are going to try to get to the next orientation class on Tuesday morning if we can work it out around our work schedules. In the meantime, we can drop in and use the track if we want. Don't know yet if we will try to do that before Tuesday or not. I am excited about going.

I was so pleasantly surprised when I logged on to read Cara's blog tonight. She had a link for a blog my brother has started. I love that I will get to read his thoughts as he shares in this same battle we are all fighting. He is an amazing man. And I know that once he sets his mind to something, I mean really sets it, nothing is going to get in his way. I hate that we have lived so far away from one another for so many years, so this will be a way to feel a bit closer.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog and leave the kind comments. Like you, I hope to get back on track. It seems like you have a pretty good head start on me, but look out - here I come!

    I'm proud of you for all you are doing. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 times around is one mile?!

    Wow, you definitely need a clicker to count how far you've gone. :)

    Yea, my hubby is pretty amazing, isn't he?

    :]

    ReplyDelete