On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Monday, March 30, 2009

I found out today that I will not be attending the last class of this session of Biggest Loser. But before you think the worse, I have made arrangements to go for my last weigh-in on Wednesday on my way out of town. I stopped by the fitness center today to let Vera know I wouldn't be there and why and to pay for the next session. She told me that while they can't say anything for sure until everyone weighs in on Thursday, she could say that I was a contender for winning the contest. Since it is by percentage, I have lost over 10 percent of my body weight.

Now, to the reason I will miss. There is a thing that happens every year here in Arizona (also in Wisconsin) called Country Thunder. It is four days of camping and country stars. I have been the last 7 years, and wasn't sure if I would be able to go this year. But today I managed to get my hands on some tickets and a camp site. I already had the days on the calendar to be off work(it gets put on the calendar at work as soon as the dates get announced). So off we go again this year. In the past my daughter and her husband as joined us a few times. Other friends have joined us. And my best friend has been there as well. This year, my best friend will be there, but because of getting tickets at different times, our campsites are no where near one another :-( It's okay, though. We can still hang out together. While it's true I have already seen all of the headline acts, it doesn't matter. It's Country Thunder!!!

For anyone that is a country music fan.......here is the lineup.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 1, 2009
6:30 - The Bellamy Brothers
8:15 - Jake Owen
10:00 - Diamond Rio

THURSDAY - APRIL 2, 2009
2:00pm - Zac Brown Band
3:30pm - Keith Anderson
5:00pm - Little Big Town
6:15pm - Williams & Ree
7:00pm - Rodney Atkins
9:00pm - Montgomery Gentry

FRIDAY - APRIL 3, 2009
1:00pm - Harry Luge Jr.
2:00pm - Hal Ketchum
3:30pm - Jason Michael Carroll
5:00pm - Heidi Newfield
6:15pm - Williams & Ree
7:00pm - Tracy Lawrence
9:00pm - Tim McGraw

SATURDAY - APRIL 4, 2009
1:00pm - Tim & Willy and The All Earl Band
2:00pm - The Lost Trailers
3:30pm - Jack Ingram
5:00pm - Neal McCoy
6:15pm - Williams & Ree
7:00pm - Blake Shelton
9:00pm - Alan Jackson

Tonight was my first night back out my 2 miles. It went well. I did my spurts of running during the first mile on the way down. By time I was headed back, it was already dark, and it was tough to see the ground. I ran some, but walked more because of that. I was running errands after work and racing to get home before the sun had set. I could watch it sinking as I was fighting traffic to get across town. Three months ago, if you told me I would have the attitude of racing the sun home so I could get out and walk/run, I would have laughed at you. Any easy excuse in the past would have been fine for me. But I don't want excuses.....I want success!

Since I will weigh in on my way out of town Wednesday morning, I won't be able to post the results until I get back on Sunday. Until then.....wishing everyone a great week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun this weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun.

    CONGRADS on being a contender on the biggest loser deal. That is too cool!

    I'm proud of you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! I came over from your brother's blog. Good luck on biggest loser competition. Can't wait to hear about it and the concerts. I love Tim McGraw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Your little brother had a link to your blog. :)
    The camp out sounds like a lot of fun. You'll have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you win! I hope you win!
    Country Thunder sounds like a total blast!!
    (ps david sent me)

    ReplyDelete