On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Wednesday, March 11, 2009




Just want to share a good feeling. Tonight I worked later than planned, so decided instead of stopping at the gym I would come home and do my two miles. Usually I walk it at a fast pace, and sometimes try to run a little here and there, but don't get much of that in. Well, tonight I can say I ran half of it. Not all at once, in intervals. But that means I ran a total of about a mile. I was actually concerned that because I have been doing other kinds of workouts the last couple weeks, that the walk would feel like I had lost progress. Evidently, those other workouts were of the right kind to keep me up to par and then some. I find that the running doesn't better my time because when I walk between the runs, the walk is a bit slower than my fast walk as I catch my breath and let my heart rate slow a bit. But that's okay. I'm not worried about the time, but rather the increase of the workout. The road that I take has several "hills", so I made sure that everytime I came to an incline, I ran it. The very last one on my way back home was a challenge, especially being right at the end, but I did it. The whole experience felt wonderful! Now, here's hoping it wasn't a fluke.




David.......A hula hoe is a contraption that you use to scrape the ground to get up weeds. A few moments into it, and it's not a fun chore. I had never heard of one till living here. You would not believe how fast desert weeds take hold in my yard....it's a nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Im writing this on my phone so please forgive my typos.

    I'm happy and proud about your run, but please be careful. Also, watch your heart rate. If it gets too high you stop burning fat and it starts affecting muscle tissue.

    I used to think that faster was better when it came to exercise. I was wrong. Between several stress tests, visits to the cardiologists and info from Cara, I finally got it.

    Cara has the formula to figure out your fat burning heartbeat range. I can have her send it to you.

    Your doing awesome.

    thanks for the info on the hoe.

    ReplyDelete