On My Way

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a difference! I actually did it. I went to "FleetFeet" and was fitted for shoes. I had been feeling like something wasn't quite right with the way my right heel felt in my shoes. At a workout at BL one night, someone was running behind me and said she could see that my right foot wasn't hitting quite right and how she had gone to FleetFeet and what a difference it had made. So, I decided that once I got my tax return, I would go check it out. I did so tonight. After all the measuring and such, I was put on a treadmill while they recorded my bare feet walking. There it was, right on the screen.......my right foot doing it all wrong. She brought out four different style shoes for me to try on and as we eliminated two, I was left choosing between two. I made the choice and came home to try them out. WOW!!! I can not tell you the difference they made! Seriously! They cost me $105, but worth every penney! Tonight's run/walk was after eating, which wasn't the best thing (I do much better before I eat.). I've been running and walking in intervals over my two miles. I don't have any formal measurements happening, just run until I feel I need to walk, then walk until I am ready to run. However, there is a sign at the end of the road that says 1000 feet to dead in. I know, it's only 1000 feet, but for me trying to make that full 1000 feet without stopping at all has been my big challenge. Tonight, I did it!......only one direction, but hey. I'm anxious for tomorrow night now, so that I can do it both directions! Here's to the start of a great week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the shoes make all the difference, just be careful and don't over so it.

    I pushed too hard a few weeks ago and my hip still bothers me.

    I'm really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete